Sunday, July 12, 2015

ARC August is back and I'm totally signing up for it again!!

Hey there guys!!

Once again the amazing ladies at Read Sleep Repeat are doing ARC August (for the third year!!) and I do plan to once again, sign up for it!!

You might be asking, what is ARC August? Well, I'm gonna let the mighty Octavia explain it to you, words taken right out of her blog:

"For those of you new to RSR let me explain ARC August. And to answer your first question, no it is not a month where ARCs of you most anticipated books rain from the heavens and fall directly into your laps.

I started ARC August my first (was it really my first?!) year of blogging, as an attempt to get caught up on my ARCs and get my Netgalley ratio up since it was completely in the shitter (think 32% people) and it wasn’t changing any time soon. And, like they say, misery loves company so I invited my fellow book nerds to tackle their ratios and piles with me and it was GLORIOUS! Not only did we have fun, I really made a dent in my pile! So I’m bringing ARC August back and am inviting all of YOU to look over those ARCs and show them who’s boss."

I was so close to getting to 80% ratio on NetGalley before I had to put the blog on hiatus, so I'm hoping to get back to eARC reading and reviewing with a vengeance, so I can end the month of August with the ever ellusive 80% NG ratio! And also, I need to tackle my BEA pile of ARCs in the proper order!




That's why I'm planning to read and review all the September ARCs from the BEA pile


And I'm also planning to read another 5 eARCs that are currently in my Kindle, probably Legacy of Kings, The Veil, Beastly Bones, Lair of Dreams and at least a pair of titles that I'm late to read and review...

My goal is reading at least 10 ARCs, between physical and eARCs, and I hope to succeed! After all, once I'm done with ARC August, I'll have Queen of Shadows to read, and what better way to read it that with all the Sept ARCs read and reviewed!! No guilt!!




Are any of you guys thinking of joining ARC August? Wish me luck!!

14 comments:

  1. YES!! Good luck my dear! We have to prepare for all those BEA books that are released in Sept./Oct.I am really looking forward to it!!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I might need... but at the same time I probably shouldn't... I find that when I make a list of things to read I just don't feel like reading those books =/ I don't know that I want to break the awesome reading streak I have going on right now with my strict mood reading rule going on. Still this is awesome! I still have time to think about it, so maybe...

    But good luck to you, Pili! You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lili!! I am also a big mood reader, but I hope I can pull this off!

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous of your A Curious Tale of the In-Between! I keep looking for it to come up on Edelweiss, but there has been nothing. I would prefer an eARC, but I think I will have to request a physical ARC from the publisher and keep my fingers crossed. I did ARC August last year and really cleaned out my ARC pile. I won the fabulous load of BEA ARCs in the giveaway, too! I am not going to join up this year because as of right now I think i only have three ARCs to read between now and September, and my Netgalley ratio is at 97%. I will be following your AA posts though, and cheering you on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, 97% ratio?? GREAT job Linda!! I really need to get better at it!

      Delete
  4. Major ARC envy for Firewalker! I'm also hoping to (maybe) tackle Lair of Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firewalker was one of my MUST-HAVES at BEA!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the challenge, Pili! I think my ratio is fairly close to Linda's, and my print ARC pile is under control, so I will (yet again) not be joining. Might need this in November/December though... :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a Netgalley November challenge on another blog! ;)

      Delete
  6. YAY :D Best of luck Pili. <3 You can do this :) Sounds like lots of fun. But oh my gosh. I would kill for the three ARCs at the top of your picture :( SOOOBS. You are so lucky. I am so jealous, lol. I really hope you will end up loving them all sweet girl :D Have lots of fun reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with ARC August! I can't wait for Walk On Earth a Stranger so I will be looking forward to your thoughts on it. Have an awesome week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krystianna! I hope to get to WOEAS by the end of the week or so!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!