Thursday, December 25, 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Best Book Boyfriends of 2014!!


This year I'm very happy to once again join in the Top 10 of 2014 week hosted by Rachel from Reading YA Rocks, Jamie from Two Chicks On Books, Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads and Nancy of Tales of A Ravenous Reader.

Today we're gonna be talking about all those swoon-worthy guys we love! To make it slightly easier to pick and choose the guys must be from book published in 2014 that we've read in 2014!


Best Book Boyfriends of 2014 


 Max from The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre -  Max is a guy that has had a terrible past and has made bad choices but he has also picked himself up and is working hard to be the best man possible, he's sexy, tough but terribly sweet inside!

Ren from Wicked by Jennifer L Armentrout - He's a Fae hunter and a good one, he's witty and flirty and the right kind of adorable and irritable all at the same time. Quite a swoony one with his dimples this one!

Darrow from Red Rising by Pierce Brown -  Another complicated character our Darrow, fighting for the rebellion and trying to become a better man while staying on top of political intrigue and staying true to a lost love.

Rafa from Haze by Paula Weston - A rephaim (angel descendant) that is both irritating and seductive, with some adorable moments and in general another bad boy with gooey center.

Micah from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - A punk rocker boy that bakes, what else do you need to know?? He's sweet, focused on being himself and trying to figure out how to deal with his father's death. I do clearly seem to have a type because he's another guy with issues that's got the tough exterior, sweet & soft inside.

Kiaran from The Falconer by Elizabeth May - Another complex guy that is not exactly as he seems. He's one of the Fae but he kills his own kind and trains Aileana to do the same and extract her revenge.

McKale from See Me by Wendy Higgins - Well, this guy is not brooding or a bad boy which is quite welcome change because boy do I seem to have a type! He's sweet and adorable and a lil awkward and a leprechaun!

Zeke from The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa - Zeke is a survivor but one that has not become jaded by a life on the run and that loves Allie even when she cannot love herself, and even in his darkest moments, he comes back because of her.

Arin from The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - Aaaand back to the tortured guys for me. Arin is a slave that is trying to fight for his people and falls for his owner. He's brooding but kind and can sing and that's one heart-melting thing for me.

Will from A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller - And for another change, another nice guy! Not only Will is a policeman, and you have to love a guy in a uniform, but he supports Vicky on her art and on her feminist campaigns and a guy that supports feminism is the sexiest of them all!


And now for cheating my own rules and because if I have to choose the one book boyfriend that I actually really got a proper crush on this year... Mr James Alexander Malcom McKenzie Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon!!!




*fans self *

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe the only one I know is Zeke! I have to meet the others, soon!
    Great list, Pili!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only met Micah and he's definitely delicious ;) I need to read all those other books still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiaran! Zeke! Arin! Only those I have read about, lol (A) But I love all three to pieces. <3 Amazing post Pili :) Thank you for sharing about your book boyfriends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have a new book boyfriend to look forward to in Red Rising? Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARIN AND MICAH AND KIARAN AND WILL AND MAX AND DARROW!! Such swoony fellows ;D Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Pili!

    Happy holidays :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely agree with Arin and Darrow. Those two are two of the very few male leads/love interest that has piqued my interest and made me fall in love with them. I can't wait to see and meet the 2015 book boyfriends! I've already met one from Things We Know by Heart by Jess Kirby ^^

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol your GIF's are hilarious. Annddd I just added about half the books into my TBR heehee. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas hun xoxo
    Book Nerd Addicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. ARIN <333 I want to meet Kiaran so bad !! Great picks hon :)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!