Friday, October 31, 2014

Grim Reaper Week: Seventh Grave And No Body by Darynda Jones - An Excerpt!!


Happy Halloween everyone!!

To continue with our celebration of the Charley Davidson series and Grim Reaper Week we're sharing two excerpts today, one right here and one on Emma's blog: Never Judge a Book by the Cover! So be sure to check out both our blogs and do not forget to enter the giveaway for a copy of Seventh Grave And No Body!


"When I stepped past the threshold of our room, our beds still butted up against each other, since he’d taken the wall separating our rooms out a couple of weeks ago, I was struck by the picture that met me. Reyes lay across both beds, propped up on several pillows, shirtless with only his dark lounge pants, his legs stretched out in front of him, his feet bare, a drink in one hand, and a book in the other. It was like one of those “at home” photos with models that looked like movie stars. 

I almost came at the sight. It was the sexiest thing I’d ever seen. And I’d seen a lot of sexy lately. Would I ever get used to just having him? To just being able to look upon him and know he was mine? Know that I didn’t have to share him unless I got really kinky as I got older and decided to get into threesomes. But I couldn’t imagine ever wanting to share the man before me. I got jealous of his talking to a departed woman today. Granted, she was a gorgeous departed woman. 

“Be still my Betty White,” I said softly.
“What?” he asked without looking up, one corner of his mouth lifting playfully. 

I walked forward and stopped at the edge of the bed. “You. Reading. That is probably the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen a man do.” 

His mouth widened and he finally looked up at me, closing the book in his hand and setting it aside. “Clearly you’ve never seen me pole dance.”

I have to agree with Charley, I'm not sure I can think of a sexiest sight than Reyes Farley, half naked AND reading!! *fans self*

I cannot wait till Emma and I can start our Seventh Grave readalong!

Happy Halloween/Samhain again! 

6 comments:

  1. REYES!!!!! I've only read book one but I'm pretty in love with him already and can't wait to get caught up and watch the two of them to get to the above moment. And if I were Charley, I wouldn't want to share him either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenny! You are IN for a treat! I highly recommend you read them all as soon as possible! ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw :D I like this teaser. <3 Thank you so much for sharing Pili :D Love the post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Clearly Reyes is full of hidden and unexpected abilities!! =D

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!