Saturday, November 23, 2013

20 Facts About Me!

My fellow blogger and twitter friend Octavia from Read.Sleep.Repeat recently did this and it inspired me to share some random stuff about me, somethings you might now, some might not!


20 Facts About Me!

 

 

1.- I am a nurse and I work in an Oncohaematology ward. Yes, it is tough but it is also inbelievably rewarding.

2.- I've been a bookworm since a very early age. I finished all the books in my school library when I was 11, so I was directed by the librarian to the district library that luckily was right next to my school!

3.- I'm from Spain and my bf is from New Delhi, India. We met in the Star Wars message boards of all places, geeking out about the upcoming Revenge of The Sith movie in 2004... And yes, we are in a long distance relationship.

4.- I'm a science fiction geek/nerd/dork/howeveryouwannacallit. My biggest loves are Star Wars and Firefly. 

5.- I am member of the rewards programs of three different airlines. AirFrance/KLM, British Airways and Emirates. Travelling to India at least twice a year means sometimes I upgrade to business class on miles alone!

6.- I was stuck for 5 days in London's Heathrow during the big snow-debacle of December 2010 and despite the huge disrruption it was, it was quite an experience in itself, and there were loads of positives.

7.- Despite being pardesi (that means non-Indian in hindi) I know how to drape a saree in 3 different ways and can order a saree with a made to order petticoat and blouse! The wonders of the internet! Also, Youtube has some brilliant tutorials!

8.- I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan and I also have a rather unusual love for all things Victorian!

9.- I am NOT a morning person at all! If I have to work morning shift I wake up thinking of taking a nap! I'm totally a night owl, and I rather stay up till 5 am than wake up at 5 am!

10.- English is my second language, but I started watching cartoons in English when I was 3 cause according to what I told my mum "I like them better, mummy!".

11.- I have a very ecclectic taste in music, I was (and still am, just in a different degree) a huge Take That fan, and I also love rock and heavy metal! I also love classical music, some pop music and I absolutely adore Irish folk music!

12.- I have an absolute fascination with Ireland and Irish myths. I'd love to move to Ireland one day!

13.- I love baking almost as much as I love reading. My latest obsession for a pair of years have been cupcakes, and I love plotting new recipes!

14.- I met 4 of my best friends in nursing school, another one I met in my last year of high school and the other one I've been friends with since 5th grade!

15.- Except for this last year the bf and me have gone together to one Iron Maiden concert each year since we've been together!

16.- I'm a huge suporter of the handmade movement and I love buying everything I can from artisans and small businesses.

17.- I'm 5'3" and that means that my brother, my nephews and my boyfriend use me as head rest since all of them are 6 feet or taller.

18.- My brother is 17 years older than me, which means the age difference with my brother is bigger than with either of my nephews! I'm only 9 years older than my elder nephew and 15 years to the younger.

19.- I love chocolate. That doesn't mean that I have to devour all chocolate around the house all the time, but that means that I always need to have some chocolate in the house!

20.- The bf jokes I must be part vampire cause I have cold feet and hands all the time in winter and even sleep with woolly socks!


That's it! If you feel like doing one of these too, leave a link in the comments!!

15 comments:

  1. Aw, love this post :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3 Sigh. Chocolate.. making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina! Chocolate is the best thing ever!

      Delete
  2. Hi Pili!
    Very interesting things you told us about yourself. Love Science Fiction and Firefly too.
    Though my hands are most of the time warm my feet are mostly cold. Love wearing bed socks, can't fall asleep with cold feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing more about you! Though I knew a lot of these already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my AOTC ladies know me quite well I'd say! =D

      Delete
  4. LoL at #17! I'm 5'3" also, and my dad who is 6'2" has definitely used me as an armrest before! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being short has can be comfortable for others! :P

      Delete
  5. Hi Pili, very interesting facts, it's great to know you a bit better! How sweet that you met your boyfriend through the love of the same things, geeking out hehe. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeann! Being geeks together is quite awesome, we can do HP movies marathons together!

      Delete
  6. Wow, Pili! I still have no idea how you came up with 20 facts! I had the hardest time just coming up with my 10! I must also be part vampire because I always have cold feet and hands! Even during the summer, which is crazy bc it usually is well over 100* here during the summer! My sister and I are nine years apart, and hardly get along, so I couldn't imagine being 17 years younger than her! I hate mornings too! If I could stay up at night every night and sleep all day instead, I totally would! I just hate mornings! I also love to bake! I bake a cake nearly every week! I'm actually about to go check out your Defiance inspired cupcakes! I'm really excited to see them!! Great list, girl! I loved reading all your random facts, and getting to know you a bit better! :) Hope you're having a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, I think I'm quite random myself, so coming up with 20 wasn't all that hard!
      YAY for reading and baking, best hobbies ever! And YAY for night owls! There's nothing like sleeping in in the mornings! ;)

      Delete
    2. Very true. It was easier once I actually started writing up my post. I kept thinking of more! Definitely BEST HOBBIES EVAA!! Except I'll admit I'm not nearly as talented as you are with my decorating skills! Haha I live for sleeping in! Best thing in the world!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Becca! I wanna see some of your cakes though!

      Delete
    4. You're very welcome! Haha, Trust me, there's nothing special about them!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!