Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #5!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

This week I'm quite excited to finally get my hands on the sequel to The Hallowed Ones (see my review here), The Outside by Laura Bickle!



Goodreads summary:

"One girl. One road. One chance to save what remains…

After a plague of vampires is unleashed in the world, Katie is kicked out of her Amish community for her refusal to adhere to the new rules of survival. Now in exile, she enters an outside world of unspeakable violence with only her two “English” friends and a horse by her side. Together they seek answers and other survivors—but each sunset brings the threat of vampire attack, and each sunrise the threat of starvation.

And yet through this darkness come the shining ones: luminescent men and women with the power to deflect vampires and survive the night. But can these new people be trusted, and are they even people at all?

In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, it’s up to one Amish girl to save her family, her community, and the boy she loves . . . but what will she be asked to leave behind in return?"



Why am I eagerly awaiting The Outside? Well, I loved The Hallowed Ones, and found it a very unique and compelling story, with a different take on the postapocalyptic, with Amish and monsters! Loved Katie's attitude and I really want to know what happens next after that ending!


What are you all (im)patiently waiting to read?

18 comments:

  1. This cover freaks me out! I have no clue why but just gives me the chills. I must read the first book! I need more time! Perfect selection Pili!

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristen!

      Well, the unsettling cover is very fitting, book 1 was fairly creepy and I'm sure this one will be even more creepy!

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to get these books myself because they both look so good. Maybe soon :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ula! Can't wait to hear what you think of them when you read them!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I haven't heard of this series before but I think I'll definitely have to check it out! The first book sounds awesome!
    Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha!

      Really cool books, and the idea for them is very unique!

      Delete
  4. Really cool pick. I like the cover art & description. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-62-dead-girls-dont.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about The Hallowed Ones! Amish culture and vampires really does catch the eye, so it's great to see that you enjoyed it as well. I'm also really intrigued by "that ending" you mentioned! Great pick, Pili. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan!

      I hope you'll check them out and like them, they're very original in their premise and wee bit creepy too!

      Delete
  6. I don't know about this series, but this book looks creepy! I think I'll add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!
    Xo!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lis! The book itself can get pretty creepy too!

      Delete
  7. Vampires AND Amish people?! What a unique combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very unique, Holly! I think you'd enjoy this duology!

      Delete
  8. I'm waiting on this too! Thankfully there isn't very long now to go at all (only a few days!) so I'm definitely excited. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm very very excited to read this one and Phoenix Overture from the 3rd September releases!

      Thanks, Sam!

      Delete
  9. Awesome pick ;) Ahh. Just so so excited for this one :D And it is coming soooooon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! I have it preorder so it'll be downloading into my Kindle app at midnight and I can't wait!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!