Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #3!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!


So what am I eagerly awaiting this week? The newly cover-revealed Ultraviolet Catastrophe by Jamie Grey!




Goodreads summary:

 "Quantum Electrodynamics. String Theory. Schrödinger's cat. For sixteen-year-old Lexie Kepler, they’re just confusing terms in her science textbooks, until she finds out that her parents have been drugging her to suppress her outrageous IQ. Now Branston Academy, a school run by the world’s most powerful scientists, has tracked her down and is dying for her to attend - as a research subject.

She takes refuge at Quantum Technologies, a secret scientific community where her father works as a top-notch scientist, and begins her new life as girl genius at Quantum High. But the assignments at her new school make the Manhattan Project look like preschool - and Lexie barely survived freshman algebra.

Her first big assignment – creating an Einstein-Rosen bridge – is also her first chance to prove she can hold her own with the rest of QT's prodigies. But while working with the infuriatingly hot Asher Rosen, QT’s teen wonder, Lexie uncovers a mistake in their master equation. Instead of a wormhole, the machine they’re building would produce deadly ultraviolet rays that could destroy the world. Now Lexie and Asher have to use their combined brainpower to uncover the truth behind the device. Before everyone at Quantum Technologies is caught in the ultraviolet catastrophe."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Ultraviolet Catastrophe? Well, I found the first chapter at the end of One by LeighAnn Kopans and it intrigued me so much! It's gonna be a mix of science fiction and contemporary with loads of science and geeky references, and I just can't wait to read it! Also... look at that absolutely amazing cover!! Ain't it gorgeous?? September 24th is still too far away!

What are you all (im)patiently waiting to read?

10 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this one before! Sounds interesting. Love the color on the cover...very pretty. Great selection :-)

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this a lot today. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-60-naturals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The physics enthusiast in me is already drooling at the sound of this. I can't resist a book about string theory! :D

    I haven't come across this one before, so thanks so much for drawing it to my attention. The cover is lovely too.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, the cover is by the same artist that did Unhinged and you interviewed for your blog!

    Thank you, Shane!

    Sam, all the science talk in the book made me want to go and read & learn more physics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book looks amazing! I haven't heard about it before!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my god, geeks of the world, unite! This totally sounds like a dream come true for all the geeks out there, myself included. I haven't been this excited about a book since Unraveling.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll like it, Maja!
      And thanks for the twitter tip for the reply button!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THE COVER! So purply and beautiful, I've never heard of this before!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first chapter of it at the end of One by LeighAnn Kopans and I knew I wanted to keep on reading, and that cover!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!