Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday: A place to find peace: the cottage!

Hello everyone!

Today I'm gonna be away from the laptop, a proper internet connection, work and the heat by the time you get to read this entry. And I thought that it was just fitting that I'd be making this week's Thankful Thursday about a place that's my safe place and has been since I can remember!

My parents bought a plot of land on the outs of this tiny village (when I say tiny, I mean it, it has like 3 families living all year round) about 60 something kilometres from where we live and they built a house there (and I mean they did the actual building, my mum, dad and my bro! I came into the family with all the work done!). It's a wonderful place, so quiet, much cooler during the summers, with a lot of nature around and with the most amazing sky at night you can imagine! Let's not forget the doggies my dad has, and you can imagine why going there is the perfect recipe to relax, recharge and renew yourself! I'm so thankful I have such an amazing place so close by where I can just feel better as soon as I step out of the car!







What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Pili, what a perfect retreat! It looks like something out of a dream. And a lavender field?! That is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks AMAZING, Pili! Wow! My place of peace isn't nearly so lovely, but I just got a new patio set for our backyard. :) I love to sit out there with a sweet watermelon snack and Edward, my adorable Corgi. He always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an amazing place! It's always great when you can escape to somewhere quiet and beautiful. I wish I had a spot like this to visit. Hope you enjoy yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!