Monday, August 12, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: Frigid by J Lynn!

For the next Mark This Book Monday entry a slightly unsual read for me. I'm not really much of a fan of contemporaries, but since this one was written by Jennifer L Armentrout under her other pen name, and I really love all of her other books, I knew I had to give this one a chance, and glad I did!


Frigid (Frigid, #1)Frigid by J. Lynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Frigid is full of what Jennifer L Armentrout does best, and as J Lynn, she can push the limits a bit more. What does that mean? That means we get the same humour, the same witty banter and even more steamy & swoony scenes!

Kyler and Sydney have been friends since kindergarten, always being there for each other through thick and thin. Once puberty hit the friendship continued but at some point both fell in love with each other, Sydney accepted it, Kyler didn't think he was good enough for Syd so he hid it in denial and a lot of casual dating and sex.

Now, they're in college and continue being best of friends, Kyler taking care of Syd and finding fault in any guy that shows an interest on her with a "no guy is good enough for me, least of all me" mentality, and Syd is trying to continue being a friend to Kyler despite the continue hurting that his men-whore ways bring to her.

Everything is bound to change when they get stuck in a big snow storm during their usual winter break retreat in the mountains, isolated and just the two of them. That means loads of tension, Syd taking a "to hell with it" attitude and Kyler having to face what he has been denying for a loong time! It is not an easy road for them, and since both of them have a lot of baggage to deal with: Syd mostly insecurities and Kyler mostly mistakes, they're gonna have a lot to deal with!

I loved reading this book, and not even the wrong assumptions and confusions took me from enjoying Syd & Kyler, with their banter, the steamy chemistry and most of all, their insane loyalty to each other and their friendship.

A 4 star read and the perfect summer book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!