Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Reads: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas!!

For my next Friday Reads review a highly awaited sequel that didn't disappoint!


Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It's not everyday that a sequel of a book you loved exceeds your expectations and blows you mind as thoroughly as Crown of Midnight did for me.

This is one be one hard review to write, and the reasons are manyfold. For starters this book was INTENSE and such a rollercoaster of all sort of feeling that even after 4 days I can't really put my opinions into very coherent words, the more I love a book, the more I babble! Let's not forget the fact that this a book that needs to be experienced as spoiler-free as possible and that means trying to convey how fantastic it was without giving any specifics... you get the picture.

Celaena is now the King' champion, but that doesn't mean that she's loyal to the crown. If you remember how scared she was of the king, you can only imagine what her deception must be costing her and to keep her charade realistic, she's keep it a secret even from those closest to her.

Celaena keeps being this amazing mix of girlie girl with deadly assassin, loyal to the core but not letting others come too close in fear of putting them at risk. She's full of secrets and we find out what some of those secrets are, and let me tell you, they are BIG ones!

Chaol and Dorian are also full of surprises for us, some more unexpected that others, and for Dorian specially, quite shocking ones! The not-exactly love triangle continues to be explored here, but I think it seems to stop being a love triangle and become more clearly solved, despite some more shocking and "what the...?" heartwrenching moments.

The plot? Well, let me tell you this plot is a maze of twists and turns and shocking revelations one after the other! It seemed to be a case of turning page after page and getting your expectations and theories blown to the wind! I was kept on my toes all through the book, and kept avidly awaiting more pieces to add to solving the multilevel puzzle that Crown of Midnight was.

In short, characters grown, there are swoony moments and some truly happy ones, some terribly heartwrenching ones, many shocks and surprises, many twists and one hell of a "you've got to be kidding me, you can't end the book like this and leaving me hanging for a year!!" kind of ending.

I'm just gonna leave you with one spoiler, rest assured FleetFoot IS well and safe.

A wonderful whirlwind of emotions and a severe case of book hangover makes Crown of Midnight a 5 stars read!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I loved CoM too. Just a beautiful sequel that upped the stakes and was even more action packed and heartbreaking than the first. Wonderful review as always Pili!

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!