Monday, July 29, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: ARC Review of All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill!!

Another week is starting and so there's another edition(s) of Mark This Book Monday!

I want to start with one of the latest ARCs I was approved for on NetGalley and that was highly recommended to me by another two awesome bloggers:  Sam of Realm of Fiction and Kristen of My Friends Are Fiction, both of them loved it, and Kristen specially highly recommended it to me, so thank you so much ladies!

Also, I wanna thank Bloomsbury Publishing for sending this modest bookworm and blogger an ARC of their book!

Without any further ado, let me introduce you to:


All Our Yesterdays by Crisitin Terrill




I've settled to give this book 4 and a half stars and I have to say I'm still tempted to give it 5 stars.

Making sure this review is as spoiler free as possible might be difficult, cause this is a book I'll love to talk about for a long time, but I don't want to spoil the experience of wondering, pondering and passing pages frantically not being sure what to expect of it!

All Our Yesterdays is about time travel, it's not all about the science behind time travel or the discovery of time travel, though we do get a plausible enough explanation with enough science to make you understand and make it believable, but it's more about our choices in life, and what would we do to save the future.

The book starts with Em and Finn in prison, and Em obsessed with the drain in her prison cell. There she finds a list of all the things she's done before to change the present by going back to the past and didn't work, and the one thing that she and Finn need to do, their last chance at making sure the horrible world they are living in doesn't happen.

The narrative keeps on changing back and forth, from the present to the future, to the past, and going from one character to another, but it is never confusing, it just manages to keep you captivated and wondering. I kept on turning pages and wondering if they'd change the future and how, cause every event kept on changing what had happen before and what might happen in the future...

There is romance in the book but it is not the wirldwind one that swepts you off your feet, it's the one built through hardship, companionship & friendship, it's the kind romance that gives that extra spark when the going gets rough and that helps you see there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cristin Terrill wrote a fantastic book, very well rounded and that will make you want to devour and savour it, all that the same time. And after finding out there's a sequel, and I'm quite anxious to see what new twists and turns she'll have in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you loved it!! I would have felt bad since I was so insistent about you reading it. It is in my top faves of the year for sure. Great review! Will be a looong wait until book 2 <3

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!