Monday, June 24, 2013

Mark This Book Monday: ARC review of The Deepest Night by Shana Abe!

And here's the third entry for today's Mark This Book Monday!


The Deepest Night by Shana Abe.

I was given a digital e-galley of this book for an honest review via NetGalley, and I was delighted when I got approved for it, cause I had loved the first book in this series.

The Deepest Night starts more or less where we were left after book one, so be warned, this review will have spoilers for book 1, and even might have some for this book too, even if I'll try to avoid them as much as possible.

Lora is still trying to recover from her injuries, both physical and emotional, after the fight to protect Mandy and Jesse and everyone at Iverson from the attack from the Nazis. While still trying to recover from the loss of Jesse and from her own injuries, she still needs to help Mandy reconcile himself with his Drakon nature as well as try to not get kicked out of Iverson and sent to another orphanage, or even worse, another asylum.

Lora is getting better at controlling her second nature, and going from mist to Drakon and to fly. She also tries to help Mandy connect with his Drakon self and start controlling it, and making sure he survives the turn.

There's a lot of action in this book, since Mandy's dad task her with the near impossible mission of rescuing Mandy's brother from behind enemy lines. And there's also the fact that both Mandy and his dad can hear Jesse speak as a star to them, but Lora can't, which leaves her having to rely and depend on Mandy more and more, which brings them closer, even if Lora isn't developing the same kind of feelings she had for Jesse.

This is a second book that doesn't fall short on what was the build up of the first, but instead keeps on bringing up the story a notch higher, keeping you engrossed from start to finish and leaves you wondering what will come next!

Ver well deserved 4 stars for this one!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot of great things about both books, though I haven't had a chance to read the first yet. Love the premise, so I'll definitely have to give these a try when I can. I'm glad the sequel delivered. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!