Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Being a nurse.

Thursday it's here and with it, another entry to say "thank you".

What am I thankful this Thursday for today? I'm thankful for my job, for being a nurse, for still having a decent paying job in these uncertain times, and for having one with great co-workers, that allows me to exchange shifts and get a few extra days off when going on holidays, and where a Monday or a Sunday don't really mean the same than to other people.










As a nurse I deal with people and illness and as an Oncology nurse I deal with death way more often that I'd like to, but I've also got some of the most amazing lessons in life and how to live it from many of my patients. And as the photo right before this lines shows, there are so many that beat it and make it, that it's worth the fight. Cancer sucks, but if there's something I've learnt from my job is that life is worth living to the fullest and with the biggest smile in your face!

So, once again, Thank You!

1 comment:

  1. all great things to be thankful for! :) Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!