Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Munchies: Veggies & beef!

Hello everyone! Monday is here again, starting a new week, and I'm finally returning to blogging again. Last week was a busy week for me, and work was leaving me completely drained and tired.


I had plans to have shared a recipe of my own creation I was planning on working on Sunday for Mimosa cupcakes, but come Sunday I realized I had not enough butter... and not enough motivation to get in the car and drive to look for a place open to buy it. But, I'll make them sometime this week for sure, so I'll probably share it next Monday! So, for this week's Monday Munchies I have another non-cupcakes recipe!


Veggies & Beef
Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 800 gr thin beef steaks
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 chives
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spring of parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper

Method:

- Wash and cut the ends of the zucchini. Scrape the carrots and wash them. Wash the pepper, cutting off the  seeds. Cut everything in stripes.

- Wash and clean the chives, cutting the roots and the less tender green parts, slice them but not too thin. Cut the beef into thin stripes. Reserve all the ingredients separatedly.

- In a deep frying pan or a wok, heat up enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and sautee first the pepper for a pair of minutes on high heat, add salt and pepper to taste and remove from the pan, draining well. Saute the rest of the veggies separatedly the same way.

- Add the beef stripes to the same pan and saute till they start turning brown. Add salt & pepper to taste and the reserved cooked veggies. Stir everything together for about 1 minute and serve immediately, sprinkled with some chopped parsley.

- Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. mmmm it has to taste delicious!

    Wow jaja qué tal my english? :)

    Me encanta la receta, me voy a ver tu pasta al curry, que pinta tiene!

    Un abrazo enorme!

    Posdata: ponte con las tartas ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be yummy with tofu, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE zucchini! Thanks for this yummy recipe! I am sure I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds quite delicious! maybe dinner tonight even! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your recipe. It's such a great week inspiration for me to decide what to make! BTW LOVE the curry pasta. It's such cool idea. I must try it!
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!