Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baking in the summer: Peanut Butter & Chocolate cupcakes, a brilliant recipe from On Cupcake Moon!

As you know, I've been quite in love with baking for a while, though as of late, since summer heat has been around with a vengeance, I haven't been in the mood for much baking...


But, it all changed when Deb from On Cupcake Moon published her newest cupcake recipe: Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcakes!


The urge to bake came back, and even though I had to wait till I got some peanut butter, I set up myself into baking in the evening, using my foiled cupcake lines from Sweet Estelle!


For the cupcake batter, I just changed the cacao powder for one of my Flying Birds Botanicals cacaos, the Lavender & Mint one this time!




Once done, they looked pretty awesome even without the icing, and I was tempted to eat them like that!






Then it was time for working on the delicious peanut butter icing! As per Deb's advice, I let the butter melt completely before starting to work on the icing and it looked just great!




I have to say I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to working on the icing, with the new tips and pastry bag I got on my Cupcake Set... so they don't look perfect, but I do intend to keep at it, since practice makes perfect!








They're pretty much amazing, and everyone that have tasted them have loved them to bits, so if you're looking for a new delicious cupcake recipe, THIS IS IT!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, those look delicious! I'm a sucker for peanut butter, and I've never heard of p.b. cupcakes before. You tempted my eyes AND taught me something new today! I'm pretty sure my husband would love these too, so I might just have to whip out my baking tools and get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, i am so happy to hear you broke down and made these. as you now know they are so worth enduring the heat of the day and the oven!!! and as always, thanks so much for sharing!!! =) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...those look SO delicious! Please send some to the US! :) I heart peanut butter in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am starving! So yummy. I will have to try them out AFTER bikini season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, those look so yummy! I want like 7 of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I am drooling all over my screen. They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're at it again, my dear friend! More mouth-watering cupcakes! I've been having peanut butter jam on my bread for the past few days but now I want something more.. peanut butter cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!