Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shopping Handmade: Mum's Birthday

*cleans dust*

*sneezes*

Hey there! Wow, LONG time no post! Almost a full month! With all the getting ready for my trip, working full time, then time zones adjustment and non-stop fun during my trip... the blog has been very VERY abandoned!


But here I am, back from the trip, back at work, and with some time to spare blogging! I will be getting more pictures ready during this week and the next, so I'll be putting up more blog entries, and I will also be posting a "catch up with 5 weeks" Sunday Shots entry, hopefully next Sunday!


For now, this entry is dedicated to my mum's b-day presents.


For a long time now, I've committed to get as many handmade presents for every occasion as possible, so this time it was half & half.

I got my mum a book: Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs and a very convenient Eco-friendly shipping bag from Oktak.




Since there are plans in all supermarkets around here to stop using plastic bags very soon over here, I decided that I should get my mum a nice and useful eco-friendly reusable bag, and of all the ones I saw on Etsy, this one style by oktak is the one that I liked the most! I only had to choose from the different fabrics she offers, and it was quite a tough choice!




But, I'm really happy to report that my mum loves both the book and the bag, and she can't wait to start using it!

Stay tuned for more blog entries coming this week!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful bag.. the design on it is great! The book looks rather interesting. =D . I've started using a big canvas bag I got from somewhere to hold groceries =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what kind of photos you have in store for us! Your Mama must be really happy about her awesome birthday presents. You've got great taste! You can never have too many shopping totes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on the bag! Also loved Kate Jacob's book =)

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!