Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shopping Handmade: Coffee Coozies!

Sunday evening, hot blackberry & blueberry tea and the soundtrack of the Fountain... the perfect setting to start writing a new type of blog entry I'm going to introduce, and alternate with my usual reviews: Shopping Handmade!


What are the "Shopping Handmade" blog entries gonna be about? Well, the idea came when I started buying, with some advance, I must admit, for some friends' b-days and presents for the bf family for my next visit. Suddenly, I realized it would be a great way to show how you can buy handmade for everyone and for every occasion, and to give a bit of exposure of those sellers I had bought from.


My first blog in this series will be dedicated to some members of the DIYScene forum and Etsy Street Team that responded very kindly to thread posted in said forum by yours truly, asking for some coffee cozies (or coozies as Brooke calls them). I had looked all over Etsy for those, since I love having my coffee or tea (usually Chai Tea) on the go, but I decided it was time to be enviromentally friendly, but I couldn't find any designs I really felt compelled to, or any prints/fabrics I loved, so I thought, why not ask the sellers I know and trust if they'd be willing to make some for me? And so I posted the thread, and three amazing ladies offered themselves to make me one!

The first one to arrive here was the one Brooke from Crossbones Couture made out of some absolutely amazing sushi print! It's closed with velcro, backed with black felt and with nice decorative stitching; and I must say I'm madly in love with it! You can find more coozies in her shop, cause I must proudly say that my request inspired her, and she made a few more! Don't forget to check her out!


The next one to arrive was Mara's from Indiscretion, warm and snuggly and made of some amazing blue (turquoise?) yarn and with a corset style closure with some elastic. Really cute, and perfect for the really cold days of winter, when you don't want to burn your hands, but still want your hands warm! This one I didn't purchase, she actually JUST sent it to me, and she doesn't have any coozies in any of her shops, but she has amazing scarves and clothing in both her Indiscretion & Haute Indiscretion etsy shops!






The last one to arrive (and it didn't arrive alone!) was the one made by the sweet Christa, the owner of MsChrista Clothing & Hair accesories. It's made of one of my all time favourites lime green sushi print! Backed with red felt, with corset style closure, with a pretty black ribbon! It even matches on of my Dolly bags and can double as a wrist cuff! She was so uber sweet to send me a few extra goodies: a lovely matching headband, and a rockin' wrist cuff with a cool skull print! She doesn't have any more coozies, yet, cause she was thinking of making more, but what she does have is the most amazing hair flowers!





And now, I'll just go back to check DIYscene, Twitter a bit about my blog, and finish my tea while I listen to some Irish music! Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs! You got some amazing goodies there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pili, you are absolutely adorable! Thanks for showing off my "coozie"! May you have endless good tea days :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are talking about buying handmade! This really makes me happy, since I love buying handmade for gifta dna everyday items, too!

    I had so much fun making those coozies (cozies, lol)I am grateful you inspired me!

    Mara and Christa did a wonderful job, too!!! YAY FOR NON-BURNED HANDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including me in your awesome blog. I'm so happy you love everything.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, O love chai tea too! Tea and coffee are so important in my craft life. The cozies are amazing! The one with ribbons (last photo) is so original. Great idea about the series!
    You are on twitter too? I am as cottonandcloud!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls are all too kind!
    When I started this blog I wasn't sure if it would really be a good idea, but all your responses make me want to go on with it!



    And Kyoko, I've just added you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!